Trials and Pain
The devil, things and people being what they are, it is necessary for God to use the hammer, the file and the furnace in His holy work of preparing a saint for true sainthood. It is doubtful whether God can bless a man greatly until He has hurt him deeply.
The Root of the Righteous, 157.
Trials and Pain: Not Yet “Due Time”
But He knows the way that I take; when He has tested me, I shall come
forth as gold.
God has said He will exalt you in due time, but remember, He is
referring to His time and not yours!
Some of you are actually in a fiery furnace right now. You are in a
special kind of spiritual testing. The pastor may not know it and
others may not know it, but you have been praying and asking the
Lord: “Why don’t you get me out of this?”
In God’s plan it is not yet “due time.” When you have come through
the fire, God will get you out and there will not be any smell of
smoke on your garment and you will not have been harmed.
The only harm that can come will be from your insistence that God
must get you out sooner than He plans.
The Lord has promised to exalt you in due time and He has always
kept His promises to His people.
As children, we can always afford to wait. A saint of God does not
have to be concerned about time when he is in the will of God.
I Call It Heresy! pp. 116-117
On this day...
- Galatians 3 - 2011
- When we cannot, by searching, find the bottom, we must sit down at the brink and adore the depth. - 2011
- I think we shall find a great many of our prayers that we thought unanswered answered when we get to heaven. - 2011
- The Lord delights in hearing His children make their requests known unto Him - telling their troubles all out to Him. - 2011
- Our walk by faith, if it is true biblical faith, will get us in trouble - 2011
- A good Christian is not a grave to bury Godâ€™s mercies, but a temple to sing His praises - 2011
- Our wretched body complains so easily because our soul is altogether too lifeless - 2011
- Faithfulness and Holiness: The Witness of J.C. Ryle - 2011
- One may admit his sin, but would no more give up that thing than he could fly under his own power - 2011
- Always beware of thinking that this world is your home - you are not to be here long enough to strike root - 2011