Failure and Success
No man is worthy to succeed until he is willing to fail. No man is morally worthy of success in religious activities until he is willing that the honor of succeeding should go to another if God so wills.
Born After Midnight, 58.
Failure and Success: If a Man Falls
Next, are you allowing Satan to magnify the memories of your spiritual failures? He will always keep them before you unless you take your stand and move up in faith.
The devil will whisper, “You didn’t get very far along toward the deeper life, did you?”
He will say, “You made a big ‘to-do’ about wanting to be filled with the Spirit and you really flopped, didn’t you?”
He will taunt you with the fact that you may have stumbled in the faith–and perhaps more than once! The devil wants you to live in a state of discouraged chagrin and remorse.
Remember, the Bible does not teach that if a man falls down, he can never rise again. The fact that he falls is not the most important thing–but rather that he is forgiven and allows God to lift him up! I Talk Back to the Devil, p. 7
On this day...
- Then the LORD came down in the cloud and spoke to him, and took some of the Spirit that was on him - 2011
- Contagious Christianity bears fruit to a ... - 2010
- God bearing witness to Himself. - 2010
- WHERE THE BATTLE'S LOST AND WON - 2009
- Psalms 9:1 - 2009
- Teamwork - 2008
- Leadership Lessons from Iraq - 2008
- Overseas Ministry Opportunity - 2007
- Endeavor To Live As You Pray - 2007
- Deep Cleansing Waters - 2007