The Expectations Of My Relationship With God
As you begin to live with integrity as God’s son, the dynamic reality of this new relationship will be known by you and by others around you . . .
* in your confidence of eternal life;”I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God so that you may know that you have eternal life.”
(1 John 5:13)
* in open communication through prayer;”Dear friends, if our hearts.do not condemn us, we have confidence before God, and receive from him anything we ask, because we obey his commands and do what pleases him. And this is his command: to believe in the name of his Son, Jesus Christ, and to love one another as he commanded us”
(1 John 3:21-23)
* in closeness to God through his Spirit;”The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God’s children. Now if we are children, then we are heirs–heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory.”
* in having the Holy Spirit within;”Now it is God who makes both us and you stand firm in Christ. He anointed us, set his seal of ownership on us, and put his Spirit in our hearts as a deposit, guaranteeing what is to come.”
(2 Corinthians 1:21-22)
* through your changed life;”Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!”
(2 Corinthians 5:17)
* through your focus on God and others;”Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.The second is this: `Love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no commandment greater than these.”
* through your promise keeping;”Therefore each of you must put off falsehood and speak truthfully to his neighbor, for we are all members of one body.”
Steps for follow-through:
* Read your Bible each day.
* Talk to God in prayer each day.
* Go to a church that believes and teaches the …..Bible and tell the pastor of your commitment …..to Jesus.
* Share your decision with a close friend ….(your wife if you’re married).
* Find a small group of Christian men …..to help you grow in your faith.
* Drop a note to us …(“Attention: Steve Kellar”) ….to let us know.
On this day...
- Mighty to save - 2012
- Jesus' intercession for the apostles - 2012
- A Political Question about Justice - 2012
- Called of God - 2012
- Roman's Introduction - 2012
- Beginning to sink, he cried, saying, Lord, save me - 2012
- Personal Discipline - 2011
- Lovest thou Me - 2011
- STUCK IN A RUT - 2011
- Statement of Faith - 2011