As heir to a fortune, J. C. Ryle had a hopeful future until the day his father declared bankruptcy. In a single moment, he was stripped of everything. And yet, had this not happened, Ryle would probably not have become one of the most influential evangelical leaders of the 19th century. Along with J.I. Packer’s own reflections on the life of this clergyman is a reprint of Ryle’s classic, Holiness–all here in one volume to encourage Christians that, just as what could have broken Ryle became the very instrument that led him towards holiness, so too does God use our trials to lead us in our journey toward holiness.
Faithfulness and Holiness: The Witness of J.C. Ryle
Publisher: Crossway/Good News Publishers
Author: Packer, J. I.
ISBN-10: 1581343582 | ISBN-13: 9781581343588
On this day...
- Galatians 3 - 2011
- When we cannot, by searching, find the bottom, we must sit down at the brink and adore the depth. - 2011
- I think we shall find a great many of our prayers that we thought unanswered answered when we get to heaven. - 2011
- The Lord delights in hearing His children make their requests known unto Him - telling their troubles all out to Him. - 2011
- Our walk by faith, if it is true biblical faith, will get us in trouble - 2011
- A good Christian is not a grave to bury Godâ€™s mercies, but a temple to sing His praises - 2011
- Our wretched body complains so easily because our soul is altogether too lifeless - 2011
- One may admit his sin, but would no more give up that thing than he could fly under his own power - 2011
- Always beware of thinking that this world is your home - you are not to be here long enough to strike root - 2011
- The Spirit of God is peculiarly precious to us, because he especially instructs us as to the person and work of our Lord Jesus Christ - 2011