…we must be persuaded not only that as he once formed the world, so he sustains it by his boundless power, governs it by his wisdom, preserves it by his goodness, in particular, rules the human race with justice and Judgment, bears with them in mercy, shields them by his protection; but also that not a particle of light, or wisdom, or justice, or power, or rectitude, or genuine truth, will anywhere be found, which does not flow from him, and of which he is not the cause; in this way we must learn to expect and ask all things from him, and thankfully ascribe to him whatever we receive.
John Calvin, Institutes of the Christian Religion (Bellingham, WA: Logos Research Systems, Inc., 1997).
Full article – What Does it mean to “Know God?”
On this day...
- Nehemiah 9:1–3 - 2016
- Give to the one who begs from you - 2016
- Proverbs 6:16-19 - 2016
- Deuteronomy 8:17–18 - 2016
- December 31: Parting Words For The Year Gone By - 2011
- A Word for Those Who Have Forsaken Jesus - 2011
- Why New Yearâ€™s Resolutions Don't Work - 2011
- Submit to him in voluntary obedience - 2011
- Ephesians 4 - 2011
- The Support of Free Will Refuted - 2011