For, until men feel that they owe everything to God, that they are cherished by his paternal care, and that he is the author of all their blessings, so that nought is to be looked for away from him, they will never submit to him in voluntary obedience; nay, unless they place their entire happiness in him, they will never yield up their whole selves to him in truth and sincerity.
John Calvin, Institutes of the Christian Religion (Bellingham, WA: Logos Research Systems, Inc., 1997).
Full article – What Does it mean to “Know God?”
On this day...
- Nehemiah 9:1–3 - 2016
- Give to the one who begs from you - 2016
- Proverbs 6:16-19 - 2016
- Deuteronomy 8:17–18 - 2016
- December 31: Parting Words For The Year Gone By - 2011
- A Word for Those Who Have Forsaken Jesus - 2011
- Why New Yearâ€™s Resolutions Don't Work - 2011
- He is the Source, it all flows from Him - 2011
- Ephesians 4 - 2011
- The Support of Free Will Refuted - 2011