The life-moulding position of Christ is threatened when the Gospel of Christ is supplemented and burdened by additional requirements, e.g., circumcision. These negate Christ’s saving and liberating act, Galatians 5:1-6, cf. Galatians 2:21.
Theological dictionary of the New Testament. 1964- (G. Kittel, G. W. Bromiley & G. Friedrich, Ed.) (electronic ed.). Grand Rapids, MI: Eerdmans.
[Christ Has Set Us Free]
For freedom Christ has set us free; stand firm therefore, and do not submit again to a yoke of slavery.
Look: I, Paul, say to you that if you accept circumcision, Christ will be of no advantage to you. I testify again to every man who accepts circumcision that he is obligated to keep the whole law. You are severed from Christ, you who would be justified by the law; you have fallen away from grace. For through the Spirit, by faith, we ourselves eagerly wait for the hope of righteousness. For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision counts for anything, but only faith working through love.
(Galatians 5:1-6 ESV)
I do not nullify the grace of God, for if righteousness were through the law, then Christ died for no purpose.
(Galatians 2:21 ESV)
On this day...
- Lord Jesus Christ - 2012
- One instance of the Holy Trinity - 2012
- Christ is greater than the one who proclaims Him - 2012
- God, the Infinitely Greatest Being - 2012
- Inductive Reasoning - 2012
- Inductive reasoning - 2012
- Deduction and Induction - 2012
- The resurrection of believers is based on the Power of God in Christ - 2012
- The principle of lying is the same - 2012
- Salvation is an event - 2012