From an unused root (meaning to rule); sovereign, that is, controller (human or divine): – lord, master, owner. Compare also names beginning with “Adoni-” .
(Chaldee); corresponding to H7227: – captain, chief, great, lord, master, stout.
By contraction from H7231; abundant (in quantity, size, age, number, rank, quality): – (in) abound (-undance, -ant, -antly), captain, elder, enough, exceedingly, full, great (-ly, man, one), increase, long (enough, [time]), (do, have) many (-ifold, things, a time), ([ship-]) master, mighty, more, (too, very) much, multiply (-tude), officer, often [-times], plenteous, populous, prince, process [of time], suffice (-ient).
A primitive root; properly to cast together (compare H7241), that is, increase, especially in number; also (as denominative from H7233) to multiply by the myriad: – increase, be many (-ifold), be more, multiply, ten thousands.
A primitive root (rather identical with H5783 through the idea of opening the eyes); to wake (literally or figuratively): – (a-) wake (-n, up), lift up (self), X master, raise (up), stir up (self).
A primitive root; to (be) bare: – be made naked.
On this day...
- How Do I Confirm My Call to Plant? 12 Potential Confirmation Questions - 2012
- The Gospel Must be Explicit - 2012
- 7 Top Issues Church Planters Face #5: Mission Drift - 2012
- 7 Top Issues Church Planters Face #4: Systems - 2012
- 7 Top Issues Church Planters Face #1: Leadership - 2012
- Leading through a Disaster - 2012
- Deuteronomy 33:27 - 2009
- Men - do your part! - 2008
- 1 Timothy 6 - 2007
- 1 Timothy 5 - 2007