Only let each person lead the life that the Lord has assigned to him, and to which God has called him.
— 1 Corinthians 7:17
Everyone searches for meaning and fullness to life-to know where it’s all going. The Bible teaches that the purpose of life is to know Christ and to make Christ known. Joy and fulfillment is ultimately only found in that one goal. Everything good comes from knowing Jesus Christ as Lord. The starting place for that kind of joy begins with kneeling before Him as Lord of your life.
You may say, “I’ve already made a commitment to follow Christ. What comes after?” Too often we focus only on that first decision, but God doesn’t just want to forgive you and get you off to heaven. He wants to change you on the way. He wants to take the reality of His declaring you as righteous and treating you as righteous and He wants to make you righteous. He wants you to experience His plan for you. As 1 Corinthians 7:17 says, “only let each person live the life that the Lord has assigned to them and to which God has called them.”
Jesus wants to be Lord, ruling over every area of your life.
– He wants to be Lord of your conduct-over all that you do, say, feel, and think.
– He wants to be Lord of your family-over the way you parent your children and treat your spouse.
– He wants to be Lord of your time-over the way you invest your minutes, days, years.
– He wants to be Lord of your talents-over the way you apply the gifts you received at salvation to build God’s kingdom.
– He wants to be Lord of your treasure. Jesus said, “where your treasure is, there your heart is.” To be honest, He doesn’t care about your 35 bucks, OK? But He knows that until He has what you have, He doesn’t have you. When you surrender what you have to Jesus Christ as Lord, He gives it back to you and says, “use it for Me” and there is such joy in that.
Bottom line: He wants to be Lord of your life.
By embracing the role the Lord wants to have in your life, you begin to see, choose, act, decide, take hold of life from His perspective. There is no end to the joy you’ll experience in that place.
© 2007 Walk in the Word.
On this day...
- God loves to hear us use His names in our worship - 2011
- THE NAMES OF GOD - 2011
- What are the attributes of God? What is God like? - 2011
- Thirty Days of Praying the Names and Attributes of God - 2011
- Do We Need To Know God's Will? - 2007
- Laid In A Cold Place - 2007
- Making Himself Known Everywhere - 2007
- Wealth And Riches Are A Tool - 2007
- Delivered From Temptation - 2007
- Unity For The Churches - 2007