Do you not understand it? Christ bore the wrath of God, instead of those who trust him. Jesus Christ took the sins of all who trust him, and was punished in the room and stead of every believer, so that God will not punish a believer, because he has punished Christ for him. Christ died for the man who believes in him, so that it would be injustice on the part of God to punish that man, for how shall he punish twice for the same offense?
Faith is the seal and evidence that you were redeemed nineteen hundred years ago upon the bloody tree of Calvary, and you are justified, and who shall lay anything to your charge. “It is God that justifies you: who is he that condemns you? It is Christ that died; yea, rather, that is risen again.” This is the gospel of your salvation.
From a sermon by Charles Haddon Spurgeon entitled “The Hospital of Waiters Visited With The Gospel.”
On this day...
- Ephesians 3 - 2011
- Forgiveness is the remission of sins - 2011
- John Calvin Dealing with Self-Denial - 2011
- John Calvin the Educator - 2011
- Being faithful in a very little - 2011
- Moving forward - 2011
- Being cleansed fully - 2011
- Reading the Bible instructively - 2011
- Institutes I, v, 9 - 2011
- Zechariah 4:10 - 2008