So shall you know that I have sent this command to you, that my covenant with Levi may stand, says the Lord of hosts. My covenant with him was one of life and peace, and I gave them to him. It was a covenant of fear, and he feared me. He stood in awe of my name. True instruction was in his mouth, and no wrong was found on his lips. He walked with me in peace and uprightness, and he turned many from iniquity. For the lips of a priest should guard knowledge, and people should seek instruction from his mouth, for he is the messenger of the Lord of hosts. But you have turned aside from the way. You have caused many to stumble by your instruction. You have corrupted the covenant of Levi, says the Lord of hosts, and so I make you despised and abased before all the people, inasmuch as you do not keep my ways but show partiality in your instruction.”
The Holy Bible: English Standard Version. (2001).
— Malachi 2:4–9 Wheaton: Standard Bible Society.
On this day...
- There will be those white with shock when they find that they have depended upon a mental assent to Christianity instead of upon the miracle of the new birth! - 2015
- Antinomianism - 2015
- Antinomy - 2015
- May God accept our worship as a loving, peaceful sacrifice of praise - 2015
- A book of remembrance was written before him of those who feared the Lord and esteemed his name - 2015
- Habit, if not resisted, soon becomes necessity - 2011
- Be afraid of standing still - 2011
- Striking Examples of Faith - 2011
- Ephesians 1 - 2011
- Galatians 6 - 2011