The LIGONIER STATEMENT on CHRISTOLOGY
The Word Made Flesh
We confess the mystery and wonder of God made flesh and rejoice in our great salvation through Jesus Christ our Lord.
With the Father and the Holy Spirit, the Son created all things, sustains all things, and makes all things new. Truly God, He became truly man, two natures in one person.
He was born of the Virgin Mary and lived among us. Crucified, dead, and buried, He rose on the third day, ascended to heaven, and will come again in glory and judgment.
For us, He kept the Law, atoned for sin, and satisfied God’s wrath. He took our filthy rags and gave us His righteous robe.
He is our Prophet, Priest, and King, building His church, interceding for us, and reigning over all things.
Jesus Christ is Lord; we praise His holy Name forever.
Original – http://christologystatement.com
On this day...
- March 24, 2014 - 2014
- Never lacking supply - 2012
- The most powerful and practical way in which we can express our love for another - 2012
- Hebrews 13:5 - 2009
- Not Measuring Up - 2009
- LOOK AGAIN AND CONSECRATE - 2009
- Council of Chalcedon - 451 - 2007
- Gregory the Illuminator - March 23 - 332 - 2007
- THE AFTERWARDS OF THE LIFE OF POWER - 2007
- A Solemn Question For Those Who Are Rejecting Christ That They May Obtain the World - 2007