For as God is infinitely the greatest Being, so he is allowed to be infinitely the most beautiful and excellent: and all the beauty to be found throughout the whole creation, is but the reflection of the diffused beams of that Being who hath an infinite fullness of brightness and glory. God’s beauty is infinitely more valuable than that of all other beings upon both those accounts mentioned, viz. the degree of his virtue, and the greatness of his being, possessed of this virtue.
The Works of Jonathan Edwards Vol. 1 (Peabody, MA; Hendrickson Publishers, Inc; 2007) p. 125. The Nature of True Virtue: Chapter 2: How Love Respects Different Beings
On this day...
- Lord Jesus Christ - 2012
- One instance of the Holy Trinity - 2012
- Christ is greater than the one who proclaims Him - 2012
- Inductive Reasoning - 2012
- Inductive reasoning - 2012
- Deduction and Induction - 2012
- The resurrection of believers is based on the Power of God in Christ - 2012
- The Gospel of Christ is threatened when supplemented and burdened by additional requirements - 2012
- The principle of lying is the same - 2012
- Salvation is an event - 2012
January 29, 2012
June 11, 2016